If you are a CRNA nurse anesthetist thinking about protecting your income with an individual disability insurance policy, here is a guideline to help you determine the best time to apply for a policy.
Just like any insurance, the best time to apply for an insurance policy is BEFORE you need it. The earlier the better. Rates are based on age and health. The younger and healthier you are, the better.
See if you are eligible for available discounts through Set for Life! These rates may save you significantly.
Make sure your policy has an own occupation type of definition. This will pay you benefits if you are too sick or injured to work as a CRNA even if you are working elsewhere.
- Students may purchase up to $2000/month benefit even though you are not yet earning an income. You may also purchase a minimum size policy of $1000/month.
- Make sure that this policy will allow you to purchase additional benefit in the future without further medical underwriting questions.
- Look for discounted rates. Set for Life Insurance has exclusive discounts at most CRNA schools. These discounts will save you significantly. And, once you have the discount, they will apply to future purchases even if you are no longer at the CRNA school where you purchased your policy.
- Once you are a working CRNA, you will need to submit financial verification to purchase an individual policy.
- The amount of benefit you are eligible for will depend on your income and any group disability policies or other individual disability benefits in force.
- If you are affiliated with a hospital or large group, find out if you are eligible for discounts through Set for Life.
If your hospital or group does not currently have a discount available, contact Set for Life Insurance to help you set it up. You will benefit greatly!
For more information about disability insurance for CRNAs or to request a quote comparison, contact Set for Life Insurance today!