Finding the Best Life and Disability Insurance Policy Online
Purchasing life and disability insurance online can be an overwhelming task. How do you know where to start? How can you protect your privacy? How do you know who you are working with? What are their credentials?
Many insurance websites today declare themselves as experts. However, they don’t even disclose their names or credentials. Since you are not meeting them in person, it is even more important to find out who you are working with and entrusting with your personal and medical information.
If you come across a website where the owner does not disclose who they are, move on. DO NOT SUPPLY PERSONAL INFORMATION TO A SITE WITHOUT FULL KNOWLEDGE OF WHO YOU ARE DEALING WITH. This will risk your privacy and your information may end up in the wrong hands. Furthermore, if someone isn’t willing to disclose who they are and their background, what qualifies them as an expert?
Be aware that your privacy on some sites may be compromised. Some websites sell your information to multiple agents. Other websites may not offer the full line of life insurance products available. Most major insurance companies try to direct you to their products only without a comparison of other company’s products.
Therefore, is important to choose your insurance website carefully.
- Look for a company where you will work with their brokers directly and won’t sell your information.
- Look for a company that fully discloses the credentials of the owners and the representatives working with the clients.
- Look for a company that works as independent brokers that can compare products on your behalf.
- If you choose a website where the representative are agents of one company, they will direct you to their own company’s portfolio which may or may not be the best suited for your needs.
Here is a brief description of the different types of websites:
- Disability Insurance and Life Insurance Lead Generation Website
These lead generation websites are owned and operated by people who are not licensed life insurance agents or brokers. These websites sell your information to multiple insurance agents and even some marketing websites. They try to get you to complete their online life insurance “quote request page” by promising spectacular discounts and offering cheaper and more comprehensive life insurance coverage. Once you complete their quote request form they sell your information to multiple insurance agents in your area. Subsequently you can expect to receive a series of phone calls from these local agents all competing for the sale.
2. Insurance Company Websites
The websites of major insurance companies will collect your information and send it to their local agents. The majority of these agents are captive. This means they are employees of this particular insurance company. This typically does not result in the agent shopping around for the best fit for the client. Typically, agents sell one company. This may result in a non-competitive policy for your situation. The product may or may not be the most suitable for your needs.
3. Insurance Broker Websites
These websites are designed by professional insurance brokers who are professionals in their field. They work on your behalf to compare products and find the best solution to your needs.
Set for Life Insurance is unique and can guide you to find the best fit for your needs.
- You will work directly with one of our experienced professionals. Our brokers all have at least a Master’s level of education as well as professional designations. (CLU, ChFC, LUTCF and JD)
- All of the information you provide us is kept strictly confidential. Your information is never sold or distributed elsewhere. Your information is safe and secure in our hands.
- We work as independent brokers. We work on your behalf to find the most suitable product to fit your needs and budget.
For more information, contact Set for Life Insurance today at 888-553-3559.