Disability Insurance Discounts Available for Physicians and Employees of Albert Einstein College of Medicine.
Set for Life Insurance offers special discounts for physicians, nurses, medical residents, dentists, dental students and residents, CRNAs and employees who are affiliated with the Albert Einstein College of Medicine.
These affiliates include:
- Montefiore Medical Center
- Jacobi Medical Center
- Bronx-Lebanon Hospital
- St. Barnabas Hospital in the Bronx
- Beth Israel Medical Center in Manhattan
- North Shore-LIJ Health System on Long Island
- Maimonides Medical Center in Brooklyn
The discounts provide unisex rates as well as an employer sponsored discount. For women, the discounts are approximately 55% off the identical, non-discounted policy. For men, the discount translates to 20% off the non-discounted policy.
Policy provisions include:
- Own occupation definition of disability covering you if you can’t work in your medical specialty.
- Permanent discounts that apply to future increases.
- Premiums are guaranteed to age 65.
- A+ Rated company.
- No exclusions or limitations.
- Ability to increase the policy to $15,000/month benefit without further medical underwriting.
In order to qualify for the discount, you must be employed by one of the affiliated hospitals at the time of application. If you are a graduating medical resident, you must purchase the policy through Set for Life Insurance prior to graduation. Discounts are permanent and apply to all future increases. Rates are unisex and save women approximately 55% and men approximately 15%.