Set for Life Insurance is proud to offer disability insurance discounts on disability insurance at Virginia Commonwealth University and Virginia Commonwealth University School of Medicine.
To be eligible for disability insurance discounts, applications must be submitted through Set for Life Insurance while employed by VCU. If you are a graduating medical resident disability insurance, you must submit your application prior to graduation.
The disability insurance discounts are both unisex and discounted. Men save approximately 15% and women disability insurance save approximately 65%. Women typically pay twice as much as men and the unisex rates negate this discrepancy.
- The policies have the following provisions:
- Own occupation definition of disability
- noncancelable, guaranteed renewable
- residual, partial disability
- ability to increase benefits in the future without further medical underwriting.
- Cost of Living Rider (optional)
- CAT Catastrophic Rider (optional)
Policies are are subject to medical underwriting which requires a blood and urine test.
If you are affiliated Virginia Commonwealth University, you may also be eligible for discounts. These affiliations include:
- Medical College of Virginia
- Inova Campus
- McGuire VA Medical Center
- VCU Medical Center at Stony Point
When requesting a disability insurance quote, be sure to mention you are affiliated with VCU Virginia Commonwealth University to be quoted the disability insurance discounted rates.